What to know before Traveling to Belize
Last updated: Mar 10th 2021
The Belize Collection Resorts are perfectly poised for the post-pandemic traveller – natural social distancing (due to our low population density), a wealth of outdoor adventures to be had, summer-like temperatures all year around and direct flights from many major US airports, and the only English speaking country in Central America.
BEFORE TRAVEL TO BELIZE:
- Download the “Belize Health App” and complete the information 72 hours before your flight.
- Take a COVID PCR test within 96 hours of travel to Belize.
- A mask is required by law throughout your travel within Belize & common areas of the resort.
- Belize is now accepting proof of full COVID 19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
UPON ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT:
- Verify Information on Belize Health App. & certified COVID-19 PCR Test results.
- If no PCR test presented, take a Covid-19 test at airport for US $50 per passenger.
- Once negative, proceed to Immigration & Customs.
- Once positive, guests will be placed in quarantine at their expense.
Upon arrival at resort
DURING YOUR STAY
- Wear your masks & practice physical distancing.
- Rooms will be cleaned upon request.
- All common areas are cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- On site testing is now available or complimentary transfers to testing facilities
- If a guest tests positive, a rate of US$79 plus tax per night will be charged for quarantine.
Committed to Your Safety
To ensure the health and safety of guests and staff members, The Belize Collection has reviewed and enhanced its cleanliness and safety protocols. The following are some steps we’re taking to make our properties safer for everyone.
- Lobby furniture, restaurant furniture, and lounge chairs are spaced to a minimum of 6 ft.
- Multiple pools, as well as private plunge pools, are available to avoid overcrowding
- Expanded spacious outdoor seating areas
- Digital check-ins and express in-room checkouts
- Gloves and Masks have been added to resort staff uniforms and are available for guests
- Common areas, amenities, vehicles, and tour equipment are disinfected daily or after each use
- An extended window between checkouts and arrivals to ensure a deep clean after every stay
- Disinfecting wipes have been placed in all rooms and bathrooms
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property
The Belize Collection App
- Electronic check-in forms
- Digital menus
- Digital tour brochures
- Digital newsletters